Need A Photographer?

I specialize in concert photography, but I am open to almost any photography job. If you want to try something new and different, for a special occasion or just for fun, contact me at dorfunkle@gmail.com and we can schedule a session!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Yonder Mountain String Band - 10/01/10 - Iowa City

So, I guess homecoming is a big deal for most colleges.  Whatever.  Yonder is a big deal to me, and when I heard that they'd be opening for Gov't Mule at the homecoming show at the University of Iowa, I was super shocked.  I didn't let myself get too excited because it wasn't really announced anywhere until last minute, and we weren't even sure we'd be able to make it.  Well, about 20 miles from Iowa City I suddenly got really freaking excited.
We made it just in time to hear, "And now, the moment you've all been waiting for...", I started to walk faster toward the lights of the stage, "... your homecoming king is...".  That's definitely NOT the moment I was waiting for.  We made our way to the front and found Annie and Carin waiting for us.  How fantastic!


Just a few minutes later, Yonder hit the stage... but they were different somehow.  Oh, weird.  Jeff got Lasik.  How bizarre.  Having worn glasses for about 20 years, I could not imagine not having them on my face.  This will take some getting used to.  But, on with the show!






We expected a regular festival-type set, and what we got was a high-end festival set.  There were some pleasant treats in there, such as the Troubled Mind>20 Eyes> Troubled Mind opener.  When the music started, only a handful of us just started boogying.  It was slightly awkward, but we didn't care.  And the music was definitely not loud enough.  I was starting to doubt this crowd, with its high level of brohams, but eventually people started getting down.  40 Miles From Denver and 2 Hits were huge crowd pleasers, with everyone singing very loud and out of tune.  


































Warren Haynes came out at the end for New Speedway Boogie and Death Trip.  His guitar sounded pretty sweet with Yonder.

















This was such a fun little show!  We saw some of our favorite people, one of our favorite bands, and stayed in our own state.  This really got us excited for the next few weeks.  See you all on fall tour!

Yonder Mountain String Band
10/01/10
University of Iowa - Iowa City, IA
One Set:  Troubled Mind>20 Eyes> Troubled Mind, Out of the Blue, Honestly, Loved You Enough, 40 Miles From Denver, Cukoo's Nest, East Nashville Easter, Pockets, On the Run, 2 Hits and the Joint Turned Brown, New Speedway Boogie, Death Trip

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online