Need A Photographer?

I specialize in concert photography, but I am open to almost any photography job. If you want to try something new and different, for a special occasion or just for fun, contact me at dorfunkle@gmail.com and we can schedule a session!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Yonder Mountain String Band - 04/03/10 - Fillmore Auditorium - San Francisco, CA

Wow.  These five days went by so fast and we had so much fun with our friends.








Poor Alison caught a bit of a cold and decided she would sleep in really late, so Colin, Dale, Lori, and I went to a Japanese restaurant for lunch.  It was one of those places where you can cook your own food, but seeing as I don't cook anyway, I was the only one who ordered my food fully prepared.  It was a really fun lunch, even though it took forever.  And all of the food was really good.  Alison showed up when we were outside, and we decided to do some more shopping.  I found a store that looked like it was made for me.  Tons of sparkly stuff.  I ended up getting some pretty sweet jewelry and a sequined bag.














We got to the Fillmore about an hour before doors again, but Lori had her name on the guest list.  She went into the will call line and they told her the guest list would be out around 8:30 - after the doors opened.  So she ended up buying another ticket.  That's what worries me about being on the list, it's never at the window early enough, and the people who are on the list are usually people who want to get in right away a get a good spot.  Oh well.  Everything worked out.







This time we all made sure we were on the same page and we went Adam side again.  My new friend David made it up there with us too, which was awesome.  During the whole first set we had plenty of room like the night before, but the crowd really squeezed in during the set break.  Scott came up and joined us during the second set, and he also helped us get Colin back, since he had slowly migrated a few rows back.  Even though the crowd was tight, they were mostly really cool.  There was just one guy that was almost moshing and knocking everyone down, and at one point he just pushed through us and grabbed the rail.  We couldn't believe how rude he was being because there was obviously no room.  It only took a couple of minutes to push him back to where he was, and then we were all good again.
Also during the second set the best thing happened.  They played Years with Rose and all our funny jokes came full circle.  Yes Jeff, I'm sure you've spent too many days in that old rocket ship.  Ha!  Then it got even better by being sandwiched around a tasty Robots Jam.

































































































Overall, this was probably the best Yonder trip we've ever had.  We thought that about St.Louis just a month ago, but these trips just get better and better.  I've said it before, but we are so grateful to all of our good rail-riding friends.  Alison, Dale, Lori - you old bitches are so much fun!

Best quote of the weekend:
"Now that we're at sea level we can just drink booze!" - Dale in Santa Cruz

My highlights from this show were Brown Mountain Light, Irondale, Isolate, Jail Song, Must've Had Your Reasons ("I don't think gloves will ever fit that way again"), My Gal, Free To Run, Complicated (I think this show was the one that made me realize that I really like this song), Sharecropper's Son, Honestly> Pockets> Honestly, Walking Shoes, After Midnight, Cuckoo's Nest, Years With Rose> Robot Jam> Years with Rose, Bolton Stretch, Another Day, Too Late Now

04/03/2010 - Fillmore Auditorium - San Francisco, CA
Set 1: Looking Back Over My Shoulder, Brown Mountain Light, Red Tail Lights, Left Me In a Hole, Irondale, Isolate, Sidewalk Stars, Ain't Been Myself In Years, Jail Song, Harder They Come, Must've Had Your Reasons, Only A Northern Song, My Gal, Holdin, Free To Run
Set 2: Out of the Blue, Complicated, Sharecropper's Son, Going Across the Sea, Honestly> Pockets> Honestly, Bell Parker, Walking Shoes, After Midnight, Cuckoo's Nest, Years With Rose> Robot Jam> Years With Rose, Bolton Stretch
Encore: Another Day, 40 Miles From Denver, Get Me Outta This City
Encore 2: Too Late Now

You can buy this show here!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online