Need A Photographer?

I specialize in concert photography, but I am open to almost any photography job. If you want to try something new and different, for a special occasion or just for fun, contact me at dorfunkle@gmail.com and we can schedule a session!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Yonder Mountain String Band - 03/30/10 - Crystal Bay Club - Crystal Bay, NV

We never fly for shows.  NEVER.  I'm not really the flying type.  My favorite show is Lost, and all I can think about on a plane is that if we crash, I hope it's on some crazy island, when I know in reality we'd probably just explode.  But, when Yonder's spring tour was announced and we saw they'd be playing on my birthday, and that we had friends we could ride along with, we decided to just do it.
We got to the Crystal Bay Club and our room at the Biltmore around 6pm, and we could already tell it was going to be a crazy couple of nights.  The cabins at the Biltmore are really cheap rooms (not really cabins, at all), and it almost had a festival vibe to it.  People were roaming around everywhere and everyone was partying with everyone.  We did get hit with some serious snow, but it didn't keep us from having a good time.
The venue was nice and small with fantastic sound.  It wasn't too loud, but definitely not quiet, and we could make out the vocals - both while they were singing and during the banter.  That was nice.  At some venues you just can't hear the vocals very well, or they're all garbled - at least from the front row.
Our friend Dale had a bunch of shirts made for the show, but not everyone wore theirs.  But you better believe I wore mine!



The boys played a great show with a fun mix of oldies and new goodies.  There was plenty of good banter, and it looked like they were really having a good time.





































My highlights from the show were: Ten, Night Out, Sharecropper's Son, Pride of Alabama, Honestly, I'll Never Love Anybody but You, 100 Years From Now, Dawn's Early Light, Loved You Enough, Illinois Rain, Sideshow Blues, Part 1> On the Run> Looking Back Over My Shoulder> On the Run, Half Moon Rising, Troubled Mind

03/30/10 - Crystal Bay Club - Crystal Bay, NV
Set 1: Ten, Night Out, Sharecropper's Son, Pride of Alabama, Rag Doll, Mental Breakdown, Honestly, Had to Leave my Boots Behind, Crow Black Chicken, I'll Never Love Anybody But You, 100 Years from Now, Dreams, Sidewalk Stars> Out of the Blue
Set 2: Boatman> Dawn's Early Light> Cuckoo's Nest, River, Pockets, Loved You Enough, Illinois Rain, 40 Miles From Denver, Sideshow Blues, Crazy, Part 1> On the Run> Looking Back Over My Shoulder> On the Run
Encore: Half Moon Rising, Troubled Mind

You can now purchase this show here!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online