Need A Photographer?

I specialize in concert photography, but I am open to almost any photography job. If you want to try something new and different, for a special occasion or just for fun, contact me at dorfunkle@gmail.com and we can schedule a session!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Post String Summit Oregon 2010


Monday morning Colin, Emily, and I packed up and left Horning's.  We made a brief stop at Emily's brother's house where we visited with Emily's step sister (Emily Rose) and the kids, took showers, and did some laundry.  
Then we hit the road!  We didn't have any concrete plans, we just wanted to go to the coast.  We headed out to Seaside, OR, where we ran, jumped, and ate pie in the waves.





Colin had never dipped his toes in the ocean.


















When people normally talk about the beach, I think about hot, sunny weather, swimsuits, loud kids, and overcrowding.  I hate that kind of beach.  This is the beach I love.  Foggy, gray skies, crisp air, and cold water.  Hoodie weather.  Lovely.











We also did an old west photo, but we had to mail posters home and it's not here yet.  When it comes, I'll share it.  
Then we went to a seafood restaurant where I tried clam chowder AND dungeness crab.  I am probably the pickiest eater you will ever meet and have never liked seafood (besides canned tuna), so I wanted to push myself to really try good seafood on the coast before I completely ruled it out.  The clam chowder was good, and the crab had good flavor, but the texture was disgusting.  I had clam chowder a couple more times throughout our vacation, and the more I had it, the less I liked it.  Too fishy.

We left Seaside around sundown and decided to just go for it and drive up to Bainbridge Island to visit Claude and Ashley.  It was a bit longer of a drive than we originally thought, but it was worth it.  What a beautiful place!



Since Claude and Ashley had to work the following day, we decided to take the ferry to Seattle.  Seattle was ok, but the ferry was better.






photo by emily mccarthy








photo by emily mccarthy

photo by emily mccarthy








We left Bainbridge Island the next morning, and after searching out a post office to send off our postcards, we went to Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach.



















This first week of our vacation was absolutely marvelous.  Our vacations are usually pretty planned out and we spend a lot of time indoors because of my dislike of warm weather, but this was different.  We just went for it and everything worked out perfectly.  The weather was perfect and we visited some spectacular places.  How could it get any better?

There were still 2 more weeks.


0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online