Need A Photographer?

I specialize in concert photography, but I am open to almost any photography job. If you want to try something new and different, for a special occasion or just for fun, contact me at dorfunkle@gmail.com and we can schedule a session!

Friday, October 30, 2009

Yonder Mountain String Band w/Danny Barnes - 10/30/09 - Liberty Hall - Lawrence, KS

Out of all the fall tour shows, I was looking forward to the Liberty Hall shows the most.  I love Lawrence, KS and I love Liberty Hall.  I was also excited because my good friend Emily came with us, and it's always a good time when Emily's around.

Since it was Halloween weekend, we were dressing up both nights.  This night we just went for some fun clothes for a dance party, which ended up being perfect because we were with Kelli on the the rail, and her intense dance moves bring the heat in all of us around her.




Ben decided to dress up for this show, too, and we had front row "seats" to view his stripper pants/cowboy hat combo.  Wow.  It was definitely entertaining.  The band was completely on this night and energy was high.  We got a lot of great songs, including a few we had never gotten before.  By the end of the night, I could barely walk from all the dancing and jumping.





My highlights from the night were Dawn's>Morning Dew, Loved You Enough, Old Plank Road, Wheel Hoss, Funtime, Honestly, Troubled Mind>20 eyes>Troubled Mind, My Walking Shoes

Out of the 2 nights at Liberty Hall, this was by far my favorite.

Danny Barnes opened
Set I: Dawn's Early Light>Morning Dew>2 Hits and the Joint Turned Brown, How 'Bout You?, Red Tail Lights, Another Day, Loved You Enough, Someday's Reunion, Old Plank Road, Kentucky Mandolin>Mother's Only Son
Set II: Freeborn Man*>Wheel Hoss*>Freeborn Man*, Funtime*, Howard Hughes Blues, Classic Situation, Honestly, Troubled Mind>20 Eyes>Troubled Mind, Keep on Going>After Midnight>Keep on Going
Encore: My Walking Shoes, Goodbye Blue Sky

*w/Danny Barnes

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online