Need A Photographer?

I specialize in concert photography, but I am open to almost any photography job. If you want to try something new and different, for a special occasion or just for fun, contact me at dorfunkle@gmail.com and we can schedule a session!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Yonder Mountain String Band w/Danny Barnes - 10/29/09 - Sokol Auditorium - Omaha, NE

So, the second half of our fall Yonder shows began at the Sokol in Omaha.  I love this place.  It's easy to find, there's a parking lot next door, and a pretty decent BBQ joint down the street.  The weather was pretty crappy, but it didn't dampen our spirits.  We met up with a bunch of friends outside and had some good company waiting to get in.  This venue is pretty laid back, with no real searches, which is always nice since I have a huge purse and it can take forever to search.

 
We got our spot on Dave's side, and I was pretty pumped and wearing my new "dancing pants".  Danny Barnes and Mike Bub tore it up, as usual, and got us ready for what was to come.


Yonder started with a bang, opening with Lord Only Knows.  In my opinion, a show that opens with this song is going to be one to remember.  The band was in a great mood and played their asses off.  Sometimes a band's encore song choices aren't the best, and it leaves me wanting more...but not this night.  They ended with the perfect encore: Let Me Fall.  Sweet.



My highlights were Lord Only Knows, Hill Country Girl, Ain't No Way of Knowing, Steep Grade>Midwest Gospel Radio, Spanish Harlem Incident>Brown Mountain Light, Let Me Fall

Danny Barnes opened
Set I: Lord Only Knows (Part One), Hill Country Girl, Long Time, You're No Good, Ain't No way of Knowing, Raleigh and Spencer, Don't You Lean on Me, Easy Come Easy Gone, Steep Grade Sharp Curves>Midwest Gospel Radio>East Nashville Easter>No Expectations
Set II: Spanish Harlem Incident>Brown Mountain Light, Winds of Wyoming, Red Bird, Ain't Been Myself in Years, My Gal>Holding, Irondale, On the Run>Looking Back Over My Shoulder>New Horizons>Up on the Hill Where They Do the Boogie>New Horizons>On the Run
Encore: Let Me Fall


0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online